Thursday, February 9, 2017

yellow


Apparently Holly is a prophet and predicted the Pats win, and on top of that we won the little Superbowl pool for the first time.

What a game!

If anyone can pull a win off like that, it's Tom Brady. He has a gift for scoring points in very little time.




This is bad selfie at the movie theater. We went to see La La Land at the VIP theater in the mall that has recliner seats, and waiter service. Just the experience makes it worthwhile. We all enjoyed the movie, but I liked it more than George, and other other two friends. There is something about going for your dream, and the reality of not always believing you can have it, and not giving up, that inspires.

I wish I had the determination and confidence of Tom Brady, but I don't. Some days are just a challenge. I am more clear on what I want to do, but then I get bogged down with how to do those things 'here'. Or I get questions regarding the newsletter (as my new position as editor), that I don't know how to answer, and have to get a few others involved.  Yes, there is a learning curve.

I can't complain, I am still happy and grateful with our choice to reside in Merida. I just want to share that it may seem like an easy or cush life, but believe me, your own personal challenges and struggles do not disappear. Or times when you have do some some undesirable research or task, it can feel too heavy.

Have you ever heard, that 'motion can change your emotion'? It's a great tip. Sitting and thinking rarely helps, for me at least. But if you literally get up and move your body, do some stretches (or exercise) or take a walk around the block, or go out and meet a friend, it will create a shift.  Or at least take a few conscious, deep breaths. (It's amazes me how often I need to be reminded to do just that!) Your mood may lift, the task becomes bearable.

Adriene, (in Yoga with Adriene) always says to take responsibility for your own happiness. I would include well-being. Whatever that means for you. Sometimes it means to temporarily, physically remove yourself from a situation so it doesn't get worse (I heard that from my friend Alex). Sometimes it means choosing to make someone else's day better simply to smile at a stranger, or give your undivided attention to a partner or friend.

You catch my drift..... even sharing these thoughts has lifted my own spirit.

Bright yellow I noticed on my walk yesterday
As Julian of Norwich said,  “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” One way or another, I know it will.

1 comment:

  1. You will get it all figured out, my friend. GGT

    ReplyDelete