Monday, December 25, 2017

the way will appear

T
my little art
Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas and may you enjoy time spent with those you choose to be around. I have been spending a lot of time with friends, and thinking about what's ahead.

Aside from the loss of my mother, I've been thinking about what I wanted to say about how things don't always turn out like you think.

Three years ago we left California for our mid-life-travel-sabbatical, which is an experience I would never trade. Then living in Merida, Mexico, extended the sabbatical for two more years.

Throwing yourself into a full-time situation with your spouse is an adjustment. Then living together in an environment like 'retirement' when you are not at that stage of life is another adjustment.This has taken its toll, and our relationship did not survive. Maybe these circumstances accelerated the inevitable...who knows. Not all relationships are forever, and marriage is not for everyone. But I trust it's for the best, and things will ultimately work out well.

This chapter in Merida will be changing next year. I will not be staying once things finalize. However, I will return to visit because I have too many friends here who have become like family to me.
"As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears." ~Rumi 

The loose plan is to head back to CA for awhile and start an obvious new career direction. I am continuing to access the newfound strength to redesign myself once again. I don't expect it to be easy, but I'm not afraid either. You never know what opportunities will arise once you start a new path.

Even though I don't know how life will even look like going forward on my own, I believe if you stay true to what is most important to your being, and keep the faith, you will make good decisions. And hopefully enjoy your journey while living into the most authentic version of yourself. And that my friends, is what maturity feels like for me.

Best wishes to everyone on their individual path head. May 2018 be a magical year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, the lovely Adriene has a new 30 day yoga challenge in January.
http://yogawithadriene.com/true/

I just learned of a new book by Cheryl Richardson, which was inspired by the style/journals of May Sarton, whose famous work was, "Journal of a Solitude" which I read years ago. A genre I love.
http://www.cherylrichardson.com/waking-up-in-winter/

*I share this freely - there are no earnings*

No comments:

Post a Comment