Monday, June 26, 2017

Wonder Woman

A couple weeks ago I saw a lot of hype on Instagram about the new Wonder Woman movie, even from Oprah. So yesterday my friend Judy and I went to the matinee and saw Wonder Woman. What a bargain at 51 pesos/under $3 US! I only knew the old series with Linda Carter back in the day and that Diana was from Paradise Island, so it was interesting to learn more about her story. I liked the compassion she felt towards those suffering and her desire to help them. She reached deep within to grab hold of her strength/power to use for good which all superheroes do, I know. I don't get into all the over- the-top action hoopla and explosions, but it also reminded me more of Xena type women fighters.

The beautiful actresss and model, Gal Gadot, was born and raised in Israel. After winning a Miss Israel beauty pageant in 2004, she later served two years as a soldier in the Israeli Defense Forces.

It's always nice to see strong women, do-gooders portrayed, who can also inspire the rest of us.

I loved her last line -possible spoiler alert in case you haven't seen it -
"Diana Prince: I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then, I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. The choice each must make for themselves - something no hero will ever defeat. And now I know... that only love can truly save the world. So I stay. I fight, and I give... for the world I know can be. This is my mission now. Forever."
(source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/quotes?item=qt3448222)


(from Warner Bros on youtube)


p.s. I think Adriene Mishler (from Yoga with Adriene) looks a lot like her?!

No comments:

Post a Comment